Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sorry for not being there for you for I was too absorbed with myself. Give me a second chance.

Dear readers,
“If I’ve done anything I’m sorry for, I’m willing to be forgiven.”
Edward N. Westcott
Apology accepted. That's what people want to hear when they make an apology.
Some people don't believe in apologies. Apologies they abhor, apologies are like allergens to them, they distance themselves away as far as possible from them lest they get pangs of sentimentalism so uncharacteristic of them. Indeed. One need not say sorry, for all is forgiven in the end anyway, we will all end up under six feet of dirt in a dinghy box. Nicole.... *winks*
So, why apologize? Tell me, why apologize?
The skeptics think apologies are a form of self retribution, this indirectly implies that apologies are a selfish act intended to lift of the burden of guilt of one's shoulders. Do you think so? Certainly it makes sense. Certainly when I ask you why do we apologize to people you would answer something along the lines,"I feel guilty, I cannot let that act live under my conscience." The question is, is this act selfish? I would have to agree that this happens under certain conditions. Like deliberately pissing someone off and then apologizing so as to "minimize" some of the damage. Yes, to yourself! You can't say the apology was not sincere, it was, but it was intended to make you feel less guilty. And that is selfish, ain't it? Apologies are meant for the offended not the offender.
So do you know yet why we apologize?
I bet you never thought of this. Why apologize, apologies are meant to be accepted. To deny an apology would be like denying help from someone and then proceeding to bash that someone up for even suggesting that you needed help.
I apologize for all the things that I have ever done wrong in your eyes, my reader. I know I have offended loads of people with my lashing tongue. I am going to say sorry for not being there at times when you needed me the most. I beg your pardon for challenging your views of life and how its supposed to work. I sincerely apologize for messing in your business in times when they were none of mine. I also want to say sorry to my parents for anything I have done wrong, those things being to numerous to remember, although they have decreased in frequency in recent years. I would also like to apologize to all my friends for losing touch and hopefully someday we may meet again and I will bear in mind to forever cherish our friendship. And I beg your forgiveness for being such an abhorable retard these few years, for all the trouble I caused to Melody, Ying and Sue Ann last year. I am sorry for having deprived my classmates of a month of BM classes for having caused trouble with Mr Selvam. And sorry to you, Mr Selvam and all my teachers for being a pain in the ass.
So, people, the ultimate question, why do we apologize. Is it fun? I apologize because tomorrow I may never see you again. Because today may be my last day on this Earth and I wouldn't want to leave it knowing that friends, families and anyone in my life would suffer the pain of what I have left behind. Indeed. So I apologize for the sake of today, in case a tomorrow never comes. And that it was you should apologize for. Because you love your friends, families and whoever you feel you have wronged so much that you wouldn't want to leave them as an enemy. And YOU would not want to leave knowing that you could have done better, that is you could have been a better friend, a better bother or a mother or a sister or a father. And they will love you for it. And if you believe in God, He will respect you much more for doing so.
This blog post is dedicated to those who have apologized to me. Thank you, and I forgive you.
Tada. Peace out. ^^

No comments: