Sunday, May 25, 2008

I know you are good. You don't need to put it on world news.

Dear readers,

It has come to my attention, that we have a contagion within our midst, ready at any minute to attack.

I have noticed that people, when put into positions of power tend to be rather (I do want to put this in a nice way but I can't) arrogant.

It is that time of the year when scholarships are being doled out like candycanes to children and I can't but help to notice some people seem to think that with their numerous accomplishments that they truly deserve them and a rejection would be a serious dent in their pride.


To be frank, I have nothing against the scholarship holders or the scholarship applicants for the matter. Some of my friends have gone on to apply for many scholarships after the SPM results started coming out, few of them have been rejected, and since then they have appealed to have their applications reconsidered. These people I have respect for.


Tell you what, I have no respect for whiners.


Whiners they are utterly, indescribably and unbearably disgusting to the core.

I
HATE WHINERS.

And lately, I have observed this flaw among humans, especially those that are blindly dogmatic about certain issues. Some of them just cannot lose. To be rejected is to have lost. That is fine. There is no harm in feeling disappointment about not getting a scholarship. The best students may have gone through their entire lives without receiving scholarships.


But what pisses me off is when someone insists that he deserves the scholarship and then goes on to blow his bloody fucking own trumpet of all his fucking useless ill-gotten accomplishments in his high school life. You may say I am jealous - tell you what, I am not. That I am sure, I would fricassee my balls for your lunch and serve them on a silver platter to you if you could prove the claim.


Frankly, I personally do not care how great you were in high school...head prefect, vice president of some obscure society, actor in some sad shit school play(!), clearly you weren't good enough for the scholarship. I have never gotten any positions in my high school life, for one, I think you could put that down as much to bad luck as an impression of unreliability on the part of the teachers. I do know that if I were rejected for a scholarship( I applied for none by the way), I would have told myself that I was simply just not good enough.

That I would have done, instead of shooting down my government for not doing anything about affirmative action in my country.
So I would suggest that you keep your words to yourself because I don't want to hear them, for better or for worse because they don't matter to me. If you think that you are so great, then maybe you can come talk to me, I shall put you back on track where you belong.

I hate it when people's egos get too big for them.

They seem to gravitate towards the impression that they are the best in the world in nearly everything.
It becomes so typical for them to start labeling themselves as the hottest being on the planet or the smartest fucker around. It gets into my face you know, like bird crap on your car window blocking the view of the road. Well, thats normal human behavior, when one exists in a sea of mediocrity, that's the effect mediocrity has on you. It generates illusions that you are the best in the world.


You have changed.


I thought it was normal.

But apparently its not, you just continued getting bitchier.

Too bad, this is tough love.

I know for a fact how it feels.

We all do. But there's nothing any of us can do about it because we can't change you.

And you know I am right.

I am just sad that of all people it had to be you.

Superficiality fueled egoistic behavior. Nice name.

End.

No comments: